ABV (Already Been Vaped) Pesto
Servings: 2 Cups
Time: 8 Mins
Summer is here, and so is our desire to consume fresh drinks & foods, such as fresh juices, guacamole, salads - and, of course, pesto!This delicious, classic, ABV pesto has become a must-have for me, during the summer, and is popular, in our home. In fact, I made it today, and I was so excited to get into the kitchen to get started with the process. Now, I have this super-tasty pesto ready to coat my various breads and grilled chicken with. I’ve stored some in my fridge, and the rest went into the freezer. I’ve frozen portions in ice cube trays, as it’s easy to take a cube out and defrost it for a single purpose, such as adding to a sauce or using in a dip.The ingredients of this pesto can be altered, according to your taste. You can use garlic, Parmesan cheese, Genovese basil, nuts, and other various dried fruits. Typically, I like to make it using spinach, walnuts, dried thyme & oregano, and of course ABV - this exciting ingredient cannot be missed!Pesto is a great way to consume cannabis, and it has so many uses. It can be served with grilled chicken, steamed veggies, fish or tofu, to enhance their flavors. With strong flavor components, such as olive oil, oregano, spinach or thyme, you won’t even notice the taste of cannabis, in the recipe.Note: Feel free to use fresh herbs, instead of dried, if you have them available.
- 2 tbsp ABV
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper, use as per your preference
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, spinach, lemon juice, ABV, thyme & oregano. Purée.
- Add oil into processor, and continue to purée.
- Once puréed, pour pesto into a bowl. Season with salt & pepper, to your taste.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator. If storing, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, so the pesto does not turn brown.