Time: 30 Mins
Nowadays, people are prioritizing healthier eating choices, over processed food, and this change is surely a positive one. This is the perfect time to make healthy changes in our eating habits. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve taken my diet seriously. I have partially switched to a healthier, natural, low-calorie meal plan, and I’m consciously eating more veggies than meat. And let me tell you, I’m loving it!This salad is an important part of my new healthy diet, as I have it for lunch almost every day. This salad is a filling & wholesome meal - one which you won’t find yourself munching on snacks after eating. It will keep your body running until supper, or dinner. It is rich in vitamins & antioxidants - yet another bonus.The thing I love the most about this salad is that it’s super versatile. You can add parsley, red onions, tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, or literally all your favorite veggies to it. If you are a meat lover, you can add chicken or shrimp too.
- 3 tbsp olive oils (divided)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup edamame (frozen)
- 2 cups
cooked quinoa and ½ cup of uncooked quinoa (prepared according to directions on the package)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 bunch of mint (chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp cannaoil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Place quinoa in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet, and sauté peas, corn, chickpeas & edamame for 5 - 7 min. Allow them to cool.
- Add cooked veggies to the quinoa, along with red onion & chopped mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cannabis-oil, 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Toss with quinoa mixture, and divide among 4 dinner plates. Enjoy!