No matter where you go these days, you are likely to come across CBD products. These products are popping up everywhere as more people start to use CBD in various forms.
CBD is also becoming a popular compound in wellness and beauty circles. CBD lotions are just one beauty and skin product that has recently come on the scene and is only becoming more popular.
But, what exactly is CBD lotion, and why do people use it? And, how do you use it? We answer all these questions and more below.
What Is CBD?
First, what is CBD, and why are people so crazy about it?
CBD stands for cannabidiol and is one of more than 100 cannabinoids found in marijuana plants. Out of all these cannabinoids, science really only knows about two: CBD and THC.
CBD is known for offering various beneficial effects since it is touted to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. CBD can:
- Help users feel more relaxed.
- Soothe sore muscles.
- Prevent nausea and more.
The most significant benefit of CBD (in many users’ minds) is that it can do all this without getting users high.
THC is the compound responsible for the high feeling that is typically associated with marijuana use. CBD, by definition, cannot contain more than 0.3 percent THC. Thus, users can experience some of the effects marijuana has to offer without worrying about getting high.
What Is CBD Lotion?
There are many ways people can use and consume CBD. Products such as:
- CBD gummies.
- CBD edibles like chocolate and brownies.
- CBD oils.
CBD topicals are relatively new to the market but are popping up everywhere. One of the more common topicals is CBD lotion. CBD lotion is, as its name suggests, a lotion that has been infused with CBD.
People may use CBD lotion for many reasons, including hydrating the skin and soothing red and irritated skin. Some have suggested that people might be able to use CBD lotion for pain relief.
How to Use CBD Lotion for Pain
Using CBD lotion could ease minor aches and pains in your muscles and even soothe irritated skin that can cause some pain. You apply CBD lotion just like you would any other lotion.
To use CBD lotion, apply it directly to your skin. You can put it to a particular area that is bothering you or put it all over your body to help in easing sore muscles after a long day or a hard workout.
When it comes to how much CBD lotion to use, that’s a matter of tolerance or preference.
Some people find it helpful to apply CBD lotion daily, such as when they first wake up. Others will apply it after a hard day when they have painful, sore muscles to help relax. And others still may apply it a few times a day, in the morning and at night.
It’s always a good idea to apply a small amount of the lotion and see how it affects you. Because it is applied topically, you should feel the effects pretty quickly, if not immediately. Then put on more until you find relief from your aches and pains.
The good news is that you cannot really overdose from using too much CBD lotion. You can, however, end up with some oily skin by applying too much lotion, which can typically happen with regular lotion as well.
How Does CBD Lotion Help Ease Pain?
You may be wondering how exactly CBD works and the benefits it could potentially provide users. The answer lies in how CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system is a body-wide system that was only discovered in the 1990s. This system controls many important bodily functions, including appetite, pain sensation, mood, and more.
Our bodies produce cannabinoids (like THC and CBD are) that interact with receptors. For example, if the body senses inflammation, it will release its own endocannabinoids to bind to the receptors. Though CBD is a cannabinoid, it does not bind to our receptors but instead works by inducing other components of the endocannabinoid system.
The Benefits of Using CBD Lotion
There are many reasons people are using CBD lotion. Common benefits of CBD lotion include:
- It is a more natural and non-steroid way to help relieve inflammation and pain caused by inflammation. As it becomes more popular, people might use CBD in a variety of ways for their benefit.
- People can use CBD lotion to soothe targeted body areas. If you have sore shoulders from a day at the gym, you can apply CBD lotion or other topical directly to the area that is sore instead of ingesting it, and it travels throughout the entire body.
- It’s fast-acting. Ingesting CBD edibles requires people to wait about 30 minutes to feel their effects as the body needs time to digest and process it. But, when applied topically, it goes right to work, offering near-immediate effects.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Lotion
With so many CBD products on the market, you want to make sure you purchase a quality CBD lotion. When shopping for CBD lotion or other CBD products, be sure to:
- Watch for outrageous claims. Reputable companies will not advertise their lotion as a cure for anything but rather discuss the benefits it can offer.
- Read the list of ingredients. This is important to ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used to create the CBD lotion.
- Look for third-party laboratory testing information. This can be a certificate or results posted on the seller’s website and helps ensure you are purchasing a quality CBD product.
CBD lotion could offer many benefits to users. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, many people find CBD lotion helpful in soothing sore muscles or irritated and inflamed skin.
Since CBD lotion is applied directly to the skin, it can be used to target specific areas and offers users fast-acting effects.