Chocolate Canna-Almond Cake
Time: 3 hours
This rich & heavenly chocolate almond cake was the first dessert I ever baked for New Year’s. I remember how my sister and I wanted to really impress friends coming over the night’s festivities. Since then, this chocolate canna-almond cake is a must-have dessert for a New Year’s Eve - a bit boozy & filled with canna-delight!Either start this cake the day before, or in the morning, as it is a bit more time consuming, but every bit of it is delicious & perfect for a special occasion. Since the New Year is quickly approaching, I’m sharing this recipe with you so you all can also give it a try & include it on your celebratory menu!
For Canna-Almond Cake
- 1 cup ground sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 8 oz. almonds
- ½ cup cannaoil
- pinch of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg
- 1 cup brandy
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (grated)
To Prepare Canna-Almond Cake
- Preheat the oven to 340 F. Cut parchment and place it in bottom of a 9-inches pan.
- Put sugar and almonds in a food processor. Grind until turned into flour (don’t let it turn into almond butter).
- Whip eggs until they turn pale and light. Mix butter milk and canna-oil.
- Take a bowl, add ½ almond flour then ½ oil mixture, and then remaining almond flour and remaining oil mixture. Add spice and zest.
- Pour the mixture in pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes (use a cake tester to check).
To Prepare Syrup
- Pour brandy in a pan and place it over stove to heat. Add sugar and continue to heat until it is completely melted. When the cake is baked and still warm, pour the syrup and spread it with the back of spoon. Let the cake absorb all of it.
To Prepare Ganache
- Take a bowl and put grated chocolate in it. Heat cream in a small-sized bowl over medium-low heat (set aside when it starts simmering).
- Pour slowly over the grated chocolate and keep stirring. In case the chocolate doesn’t melt completely, gently place the bowl over boiling water and continue stirring.
- Cover the cake with thick layers of frosting and let the chocolate set. Enjoy!