Rolling your joints is a bit of an art form. And getting good at it can take practice. Not to mention, sometimes, when you are ready to light up, taking the time to roll your joint isn’t always something you want to do.
Enter the cannabis pre-roll.
This convenient cannabis product has had a bad reputation in the past. But that is starting to change, and more people are beginning to purchase and use them.
What Is a Pre-roll?
Simply put, a pre-roll is a joint that a cannabis manufacturer, dispensary, or vendor has prepared for sale. Think of it as the fast-food of cannabis. Just as your fast food meal is ready for you, you have to buy it and start eating; a pre-roll is already created too. You have to buy it, unwrap it, and smoke it.
Pre-rolls can be purchased individually for those wanting to try a new strain or try them out before buying in bulk. Pre-rolls can also be bought in multi-packs so you can have plenty on hand to use or have plenty ready to go should friends stop for a smoke.
The Reputation of Pre-rolls
As we mentioned earlier, pre-rolls have had a bit of a bad reputation in the past. That reputation stems from the fact that people can’t truly see what is in the paper used to make them and that, often, manufacturers would use lower-tier cannabis shakes and even ground-up trim to fill them.
This would produce a less-than-quality experience for users.
However, the demand for convenience in all aspects of life is growing, and that includes the cannabis world. And manufacturers and retailers are responding. Today, you can find some genuinely high-quality pre-rolls; you may need to do a little research to find them.
The Benefits of Pre-rolls
There are many reasons people are starting to purchase pre-rolls more and more, besides the convenience and time-savings they offer. Other benefits pre-rolls provide include:
- They are relatively inexpensive. Though you should expect to pay more for a high-quality pre-roll, compared to buying the cannabis flower and the rolling equipment needed to make your own, many see pre-rolls as the more economical choice.
- They are quick to use. Unlike a bong that you would have to prepare or a joint you would need to roll yourself before using, you can grab your pre-rolled joint and go. This makes pre-rolls ideal for getting a quick smoke before your next meeting or event.
- They offer easy cleanup. Smoking a bong, using a pipe, or even rolling your cannabis joint requires some cleanup when you are done. And sometimes, that is the last thing you feel like doing after smoking. Pre-rolled joints don’t need any cleanup when you are finished other than throwing them away.
How to Choose a Cannabis Pre-roll
If a pre-roll sounds like something you want to try, you’ll need to know what to look for when choosing one. You want to ensure you get a quality cannabis pre-roll that will give you the experience you desire.
When it comes to choosing a cannabis pre-roll, you should:
- Expect to pay more for higher quality. When it comes to pre-rolls, the saying, “you get what you pay for,” is quite apt. Though very cheap pre-rolls are available, this means you’ll likely get a product of low quality. You should plan to pay a little more to ensure a roll made with quality cannabis materials.
- Ask what’s in it. You can ask your local budtender or reach out to your online dispensary to ask what is in it. They should be able to tell you what the pre-roll is made with. They can also offer either personal or anecdotal feedback they’ve heard from other customers on the roll’s quality and the experience provided by the cannabis product.
- Look to see if it is strain-specific. If you are searching for pre-rolls made with a specific strain, such as Gelato, you can probably find it. But pre-rolls made with a mix of cannabis strains are also out there. You should check the label and ask if you are searching for a specific strain in your pre-roll.
- See who made it. The reputation of the company or manufacturer who made it (or the dispensary who rolled them themselves) can give you an idea of the quality of the pre-roll. Read online reviews or ask around if you aren’t sure about the reputation of a manufacturer.
By doing a little bit of research, you can ensure you are getting a quality pre-roll. You may even find a new favourite way to enjoy your cannabis.
Storing Your Pre-rolls
Though you can buy pre-rolls individually, many people buy them in packages, meaning there are multiple purchases at a time. Unless you plan to share them all with friends right away, you’ll need to store your pre-rolls. And incorrectly keeping them can degrade the quality of the cannabis inside.
If you plan to store a pack of cannabis pre-rolls, the best method is to place them in an air-tight mason jar. Then keep that jar in a cool, dark, and dry place. This will help keep the cannabis inside the roll from growing mould or losing its potency due to light exposure.
Pre-rolls: Final Thoughts
Though cannabis pre-rolls have a bit of a rocky reputation thanks to past manufacturing methods, the demand from users for quick and easy cannabis products is rising. This demand is helping to drive the creation of more quality pre-rolls.
Cannabis pre-rolls are joints that are already made for you, offering you convenience when it comes to preparing to smoke. Just grab it and go; no need to spend time trying to roll your own.
To ensure the cannabis pre-roll you buy is a quality product, do some research on what is in the roll and who made it. And remember, you may need to spend a little more to get a quality product.