Vegetable Soup with Infused Garlic Croutons
Time: 1 hour
I love experimenting with flavors of soups. They can be made with 5 ingredients, or 50. They can be completed in 15 - 20 mins, or cooked over several hours. In summers, they’re served refreshingly chilled, and in winters, steaming hot & soul-soothing.This heavenly & delicious, twice-medicated soup is usually made in winters, in our home, and served warm. A hearty soup, along with some crusty bread & simple salad - it is my favorite meal in the dead of winter. Since it is a vegetable soup that is very easy to make, I never think twice, before preparing it. All you’ve got to do is fill a soup pot with your favorite vegetables, herbs & spices, and add some liquid to cover & cook. It has no choice, but to turn out tasty. If you like it rich, add shredded cheese & sour cream, to garnish.Packed with your favorite veggies, this soup makes a healthy, happy, winter meal. Because everyone needs a quick, easy vegetable soup recipe, here’s my version to help you out.
For Vegetable Soup
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 tbsp cannaoil
- 2 peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup trimmed green beans cut into pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut them in half if large)
- 3 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup corn (frozen)
- ½ cup peas (frozen)
- 5 oz. kale (cleaned, dried, and sliced)
- 2 quarts water
- 5 cans beans (rinsed and drained)
For Infused Garlic Crouton
- 2 tbsp cannaoil
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
To Prepare Vegetable Soup
- In a large saucepan, heat canna-oil. Sauté carrots, cabbage, green beans, onion, grape tomatoes, kale & garlic for 8 - 10 min.
- Stir in peas & corn. Add water & canned beans. Simmer for 35 - 40 min.
To Prepare Infused Garlic Crouton
- Heat remaining canna-oil, in a frying pan. Sauté bread cubes, until golden brown.
- Pour soup into bowls, top with garlic croutons & shaved Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!